Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Finally back!

Hello fellow crafters!
I am finally done with all the remodeling in our kitchen.  It ended up being a bit more involved that what my DH and I anticipated.  Several months of "I can't believe this...it was supposed to be easier"!!!
Then my DH built me an incredible craft table.  I can't tell you how happy I am with that!!  And I get to stand when I craft as I have problems with my back (another story later) so this just made me so happy.  I do have a bar stool but it seems like it is just in the way most of the time.
We bought 4 8-cube bookcases and one 4-cube bookcase.  We used the 4-cube and 2 8-cube bookcases for the table.  It is mounted onto wheels so I can push it around if I need to move it.  I used the remaining 2 8-cube bookcases to make a shelf that I can put stuff on.
This is my little area of happiness! 
Now onto what I have been making on my craft table...


I started making this oversized "cards" as a little joke and it spiraled into more and more being made.  The size is 9"x10 1/2".  Yes, very large!  I will start with the Christmas cards that I have been creating. 


 I used the DCVW Elegant Holidays to make this card.  The top and background paper are from the pack.  I used a Creative Expression Eternity embossing folder for a layer that I rubbed Nuvo silver embellishment mousse then buffed it to make it shiny.  A layer of silver cardstock was layered behind the top card and I used foam squares to give the card an added dimension.  I used Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornament die cuts using the two largest dies to make the bauble.  I topped it with a large  Recollections pearl and a beaded spray I found in the wedding section.  The sheer silver ribbon was from my stash which I think I bought many years ago at a Walmart. The sparkler on the bow was from Recollections I think.  I received them as a gift so I am not quite sure.




 The stand I made with a 4 1/2" sheet of extra heavy paper that is 12" long.  I scored it on the long side at 1/2" and 2 1/2" and 4'1/2" and then at 11 1/2".  I used a Heartfelt Creations die cut to make a pocket in case I want to put a gift card in it.  I may put a little saying on the back also...if I decide to give it as a gift.  It is so hard for me to give my creations away!
Many blessings to you and your loved ones!
J





No comments:

Post a Comment